Thursday, March 26, 2009

Marriage, is it really that holy?

Ok, my co-worker (friend) tonight, over a ton of Margaritas,confessed that she slept with one of our managers while on a business trip. Not like I didn't see that coming, they have always had this sexual chemistry about them. I guess she is guilt ridden because he is married and she has a live in boyfriend. However, we all know that his marriage is a sham, and that the only reason that he got married was because he knocked up his wife. He would have never married her in the first place if she hadn't gotten pregnant.

Is marriage, even when it's done under the wrong pretenses, still sacred?

The guy (our manager) really wants to start a new life with her (he has two kids, and she has two kids from a previous marriage). He even wants to leave his wife and said he could be divorced in four months. However, she is majorly holding back because she doesn't want to be a homewrecker and break up a marriage. She is ridden in her Christian guilt is drowning her and told me that she doesn't want to burn in hell. I told her that she should have thought of that before she pulled down her panties.

I don't know how to answer her. I don't want to encourage her for fear that G-d will unleash his fury on me for encouraging the break up of a marriage, but yet I know the marriage is a sham. They are both miserabe in their current relationships and their current partners are not saints either. I guess the safest thing is just to keep my mouth shut.

0 comments:

Post a Comment